Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pina Colada Bundt cake


Here's a little cake I made for my Mums birthday last week. It was Pina Colada, with heaps of long fancy shreds of coconut. I used the Nordicware beehive pan. I thought I would give a try to the cake mix addition style of baking. It was really tasty, and I couldn't have picked, the base of this cake was a cake mix.
This is the recipe I used for the cake:

Ingredients
•1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup of water
1(8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple(DO NOT DRAIN)
1/3 cups of oil
3 eggs
1 tbs. of coconut essence
about 2 cups icing sugar
2 tbs pineapple juice
1 tsp coconut essence

Instructions

Preheat oven to 175CF

Combine the cake mix, water, crushed pineapple, oil, eggs, and coconut essence in a large mixing bowl till combined at medium speed for about 2 minutes. Then stir in the shredded coconut.
Pour into greased bunt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or untill toothpick insurted comes out clean. Cool for 10 min in bunt pan. Release from pan and let cool for extra 10 minutes.

In a small mixing bowl combine the icing sugar, pineapple juice & coconut essence. If the glaze is not thick enough add more powdered sugar, if the glaze is to thick add more juice.

In between the two halves of the cake I added a layer of Pina Colada buttercream. which I put together like this
1/2C Crisco
1/2C butter
4 C icing sugar
4 tbs pieapple juice
1 tsp coconute essence.
Cream butter & crisco. Add icing sugar a little at a time, alternating with juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...